Monday, April 11, 2011

Breastmilk Supply

With Alex, I always produced a ridiculously large amount of breastmilk.  We had more than enough for our son and probably enough to feed a third world country with what was left over.  There is only a certain amount of time you can store breastmilk, so once that time had expired it broke my heart to throw out a bunch of milk.

So far, this is my breastmilk stash:

We totaled it up and I have 491 ounces in my freezer as of today.  Jax nurses and also gets bottle fed, this is just the excess that I am pumping.  I have looked into donating most of this milk and hope that is something I am able to do.  If you know of anyone that needs breastmilk, please send them my way :)

3 comments:

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

call me crazy, but i'm taking this as a challenge. that is AMAZING. now i feel the need to "beat you". haha.

Sarah said...

Good luck! I'm up to almost 1,400 total pumped ounces in almost 4 weeks. I seriously feel like a freak of nature ;)

Kara said...

um yeah you can donate it!! human milk for human babies on facebook, milkshare.com and onlythebreast.com

There are so many needy babies out there, you never have to throw it out!