Monday, April 13, 2009

Why the Change?!

Welcome to the new website for The Cothren Family!

Hopefully everyone from the old website will be able to find this new one!

Some of you may be wondering why the change! Well, the answer is simple…money! This website is free, the other was costing us money each month.

While this website will have a little different layout, it should have all of the same information, journal entries and most importantly, PICTURES! There will no longer be one page (or several pages) dedicated to photo albums, instead the pictures will be embedded in each journal entry. At times, I will add a slideshow (especially if I have a bunch of new pictures on one specific date) and at other times, I will add a few images into the journal entry. As always, if there are any pictures that you want me to e-mail you, please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so! This website also allows me to upload video, so rest assured you will still be able to get your “Alex Video” fix! There will not be a “Guestbook”, but each journal entry will have a comment section (just look at the bottom of the entry and click on the word “comment”) and you can still leave your messages to Alex (and us!). We enjoy reading the comments, so don’t stop sending them!

Some of you may be wondering what will happen with the old website (the entries, pictures, guestbook entries, etc.) – well, I am in the process of printing up most of the website pages. I want Alex to be able to see it all and it has been a great tool for me to record his milestones and memories. I am also going to transfer most of the older posts over to this new website – you know, in case you ever want to go back and read about what Alex was up to six months ago ;). I will also transfer the pictures over here, too. Please be patient with this process though, it may take me awhile! I will not be able to transfer the guestbook comments over here, but they will be printed out and put into a book for Alex to look at when he grows up!

Enjoy the new website. Thank you for loving our family enough to check up on us, look at our pictures and watch our son grow up!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I love it! For some strange reason I cried when I say the pictures of him from easter. I love you Alexander James! You are such an amazing little man and I miss you so much everyday! You are Aunt Sheena's favorite kid in the world! I love you sweet boy!