Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Joshua Carl Davis!!

Our "nephew" Joshua Carl Davis (and I put that in quotes because he isn't really blood related to us, but I feel so much like Jenny, my best friend, is my sister that he is my "nephew"), was born on February 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm. 

The birth was incredible to witness.  Jenny allowed me to be in the delivery room with her.  I have never felt more honored or filled with pride/happiness in my entire life!  And seriously, Jenny is my hero...three pushes and Joshua was born!  She is amazing!

Joshua weighed in at 6 pounds 10 ounces and was 19 inches long.  He did great breastfeeding immediately after birth and has been a feeding champ ever since :)

For those of you that don't know, Carl was Jenny's dad's name.  He passed away nearly 2 years ago.  Jenny thought it was a fitting tribute to give her son, her dad's name...and I couldn't agree more!!

Welcome to the world Joshua!  We already love you so much and we are so thankful you are now a part of our lives.  You have given your mom so much sunshine...and she has most certainly needed it!  You are destined for great things, little one.  But for now, we are just ready to enjoy you and all that you are!

Here are some pictures of Joshua taken while I was in Ohio.  Enjoy!


No comments: