Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mommy's Barbershop

Alex's hair has been growing like crazy lately.  It seems like we go get a haircut one week and by the next it is super long again!

I got the bright idea to cut Alex's hair myself.  Our neighbors have some clippers, so I borrowed them thinking it should be fairly simple to cut his hair.  I definitely should have put a little more thought into the whole process!

Alex did pretty well (for a 2.5 year old).  He was a little curious about watching himself in the mirror, so I would have to remind him that he needed to sit still.  As long as he was still it was easy, however never having cut hair before I wasn't quite sure what length to cut it to and what guard to use.

Here is the result:


From July 4, 2010


All in all, it is a bit shorter than I would have liked, but it is a great summer cut for him.  And the more I get to looking at it, the cuter it really does look on him!  I think he look so much older with it though and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that!!

Not too bad for my first time :)

No comments: