Saturday, November 27, 2010

A New Tradition

Today, Alex, Larry and I went to a local Christmas Tree Farm - Valley Christmas Tree Plantation to chop down our first Christmas tree as a family!  We had a blast!

I had done this before growing up and to this day, the memories are still fresh in my head.  I remember having so much fun with my dad and my uncles and finding the Christmas tree that would stand in our house for the next month, the tree that we would lovingly decorate and a tree that my dad might have declared "the perfect" tree and he may or may not have taken the "sold" sign off it and chopped it down for us to take home!  Thankfully the laws aren't too strict on Christmas Tree stealing, or my dad could have been looking a hard time :)

Anyway....back to our trip today!  Larry had never chopped down a Christmas Tree before (coincidently, neither had Alex).  We created yet another amazing memory for our little family of three (soon to be four).

After walking around for a little bit, we found it...the perfect tree.  For all the readers that know their Christmas tree varieties, we got a Leyland Cypress.  It is a bunch different than the trees that I remember getting as a child, but different is good!  It has beautiful shape and looks great with lights and decorations on it.

Here are some pictures of our tree chopping down experience - I will have another post soon with the finished product:

Walking with Daddy:

So excited...he is running to find the tree:

Love his sense of fashion:


Carrying the measuring stick for Daddy:

Daddy and Alex surveying the tree:

Daddy and Alex by the tree...take 1:

Daddy and Alex by the tree...take 2:

Alex by the tree...take 1:

Alex by the tree...take 2:

 Daddy sawing and Alex supervising:

Daddy still sawing...Alex is cheesin' it up!  This is one of my favorite pictures of the day:

A little more supervising going on:

Alex is getting a little bored:


Timber....the tree is down:

Daddy carrying the tree and Alex running near him:


Our tree tied securely on our car...we hope:

No comments: