Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas morning was magical...absolutely and incredibly magical!

Since my parents were killed, I haven't looked forward to the Christmas.  Regardless of what Larry did to make the day special, it hurt to know that my Mom and Dad would never be here for another Christmas.  There are so many traditions and memories that I have missed since they have been gone and I felt as though I was just going through the motions in the past few years!  This year though, everything changed for me!

There really is nothing better than seeing Christmas through a child's eyes...especially your own child.  The smile on Christmas morning, ripping through presents, the excitement about each and every present and trying to squeeze out every ounce of energy to play with the new toys right up until bedtime...it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it all!

Alex's face was priceless when he came down the stairs Christmas morning - I am lucky enough to have captured the smile on his face when he saw all his presents.  We had a blast opening up all of his presents from Santa.  My little OCD child had to make sure EVERY piece of paper was taken off of EVERY single present.  Santa was good to Alex - he got a Buzz Lightyear Scooter, a remote control Lightning McQueen Car, a remote control Tow Mater Car (I think that one is actually for Daddy to play with), a new cape with an "A" on it for Alex, a few books, 2 DVD's and of course the stocking essentials (toothbrush, toothpaste, underwear, a few Hot Wheels and some candy).

The rest of the day was spent enjoying his toys, visiting with family (and opening more presents) and eating yummy food!

I still missed my Mom and Dad like crazy and it hurts to know that they will never see the excitement in Alex's (or Jax's) eyes on Christmas morning, but this Christmas I was given the best gift of all...joy and happiness!

Here are a few pictures:

The cookies and hot chocolate we left for Santa:

Our tree...after Santa came to visit:

Alex's face when he came down the stairs on Christmas morning...priceless:

Riding his new Buzz Lightyear scooter:


Buckwheat wanted to help Alex open his presents:

Bath foam soap...such a big hit in our house:

Crayon maker from Aunt Jenny, Kyle, Katelyn and Joshua:

One of the new DVD's:

He didn't understand why Santa brought him books!  His response each time he opened a book "Why did Ho-Ho bring me a book...I already have books up in my room?!":

His new cape:

Opening his Thomas the Train set:

New underwear:

His remote control Lightning McQueen:

No comments: