Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Warmer Weather

Neighbors are coming outside, dinners have been delayed and we are soaking in this small taste of spring!

The past week has been so nice outside, we have been trying to go out and enjoy the weather as much as possible.  Alex has been riding his scooter, driving his truck and taking full advantage of his sandbox that has been neglected all winter long.  We have played on our neighbors swingset and trampoline and enjoyed every second of it!

I'm hoping this weather will continue...I love seeing my boy run around outside and play with his friends and I especially love being able to talk with our great neighbors!

Here are a few pictures of how we have been spending our afternoons:



He is getting so good at pedaling his bike - he can go both forwards and backwards:

Yes, I am THAT mom!  I make him put on his helmet and kneepads to ride his scooter!  I am realistic about his (and my own) klutziness:

Larry has a slight obsession with his new-ish Shop Vac...he has shared that obsession with Alex!  My only wish is that he is this excited to clean when he grows up:

1 comment:

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

That boy has a sweet ride! Sam is working on the pedaling part of the tricycle. He can push with his feet all day, though.

And the shop-vac is a very popular appliance in my garage, too. I've been trying to use it every week in the van to keep things from turning into a big crumbly mom-car mess. Sam is always willing to help out. And of course, there is some hair sucking and tee shirt sucking going on here an there, too.

Love the pics. We're enjoying the sunshine, too!