Thursday, August 11, 2011

Soccer Star

Alex is finally able to play soccer this year with the YMCA.  He has been looking forward to this for awhile....so have I (I am secretly hoping that he will get some of his energy out and sleep really well on the nights he has soccer practice).

Alex had his first practice today and loved it.  He thinks he is going to be the "winner" of his team.  I keep trying to explain to him that they are a team and they work together.  Apparently, I am not getting through to him - after one of the goals that he kicked he turned around to the rest of his team and yelled out "woohoo, I'm the winner!"  Yep, that was my kid...never a dull moment!

The coach is teaching them the basics and it is pretty funny to watch these three year olds run around and learn soccer.  You have kids who are really into it, kids who are just there because their parents are making them and other kids who are just running around the field without a care in the world.  I can't wait for games :)

Here are a few pictures for his first practice:

Yep...that is my little superstar posing:

On the field:

Practicing:

Taking time out from practice to give a little wave to his fans:

Team huddle:

Speaking of fans, apparently Alex thinks he is running in a parade waving as he is running around the field.  This kid cracks me up:


And of course, a picture of the cutest little brother I know:

No comments: