Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Best Friend!

Today is Aunt Jenny's birthday!  Alex and I are so lucky to be in Colorado celebrating the day with her!


From DC - November 16, 2009


For those of you that don't know, Jenny and I have been friends since the summer before we went into 7th grade.  My grandma lived next door to her parents house.  Jenny was outside playing, I went outside, we introduced ourselves and the rest is history.  After we became friends, many hours were spent talking on the phone, swimming in the pool, talking about boys, going to the mall, watching movies and building one of the best friendships I will ever have!

Jenny has been my friend through most of the different phases of my life.  She has been by my side during happy times and sad times.  We lost touch for a couple of years, but as soon as we started talking again it was as if no time was lost at all.  I love friendships like that!  Most of my memories growing up include Jenny - listening to music and writing down all the lyrics (because we thought we were the coolest kids ever knowing all of the lyrics to "Baby Got Back"!), watching MMC, countless sleep-overs, getting ready for prom and homecoming, driving around in my mom's Altima or her Dad's Izuzu pick-up truck and listening to tapes that we probably shouldn't have been listening to (a little Eazy E, anyone?), graduating high school in our fashionable purple gowns and so many more!  Now, most of my adult memories include her as well - visiting Jenny, her Mom, her Dad and meeting Kyle for the first time in North Carolina, calling her and telling her that I was pregnant with Alex, watching her hold Alex for the first time, being in North Carolina with her for her Dad's memorial, celebrating with her when she found out Katelyn was a girl (I LOVE buying that Baby Girl pink stuff), being there with her when we found out Joshua was a boy, and being there when she welcomed Joshua into the world (I have never been more honored to be a part of something in my entire life).  And I know that we are not done making memories together and watching our children make memories together - nothing warms my heart more!

She is my best friend and she encompasses all that it means!  She is there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on, when I need encouragement, when I need an ear to listen to me (or vent to), when I need someone to laugh with me, when I need someone to talk me down off the ledge and when I need a best friend.  Jenny understands me when no one else gets me.  She loves me, despite (or because of) my many flaws.  She is the best secret-keeper I have ever known.  And she is the best friend a girl could ask for :)

Jenny is also Alex's Godmother and she loves my boy almost as much as I do!  Larry and I wanted Jenny to be more that just Jenny to him, because she is so much more than that to us.  Naming her his Godmother felt so right and we know that if anything should ever happen to us, Jenny will love him with her whole heart!  Alex loves his Aunt Jenny because she is one of the best aunts ever AND because she gave him three of his most favorite people in the world (Kyle, Baby Girl (Katelyn) and Joshua)!

My life is blessed because Jenny is a part of it!  God knew that I would never have a sister, so He gave me Jenny and I will never be able to thank Him enough.

Happy Birthday, Best Friend, Aunt Jenny and Larry's Wife #2!  We love you more than you will ever know :)

No comments: