Monday, June 8, 2009

Sprayground

I took Alex to the Sprayground today.

I know, I know...you all are wondering: what is the Sprayground?

The Sprayground is a local play area that has a variety of "water activities" for children. It has a rainbow arch that sprays water, buckets that dump water, vertical sprayers and a few other things. The ground is rubber, so it easy on little feet! Every Monday and Thursday, the Sprayground has "toddler time" from 10:45 am until 11:45 am. Toddler time is open for children 4 and under, which is great because the smaller kids don't have to "fight" the bigger kids for sprinkler time! Another great thing, it is only $2!

Alex and I decided to try out the Sprayground and he LOVED it! He had such a great time running in all the sprinklers. At first, he was a little unsure of the water spraying up from the ground and buckets of water falling on his head, but once he got used to the idea he loved running in and out of the water! Unfortunately, we are working on sharing, so he got caught a couple of times stealing buckets, toys and balls from other kids...fortunately, however, I only had to tell him "NO!" a few times and he was quick to return all of the stolen items! I will have to go buy some before our next trip!

It is a really neat water area and we will definitely be returning soon. In fact, I think we may be going on Thursday for the next toddler time!

I took a few pictures with my cell phone camera today. I had every intention on taking pictures with our camera, but there was just no way to keep an eye on him and take pictures! Enjoy the pictures :)

Trying to figure out if he likes it our not:


Going in:


Running around...and loving it:


Filing up a "stolen" water bucket:

No comments: