Friday, August 28, 2009

Lucky Girl

As some of you may know, a couple of months ago I got the brilliant idea for Larry to play “30 Days Before 30”. The point of it was to celebrate my birthday….for 30 days. See, such a brilliant idea! At first, Larry did not think that this was as brilliant of an idea as I did. Eventually, he came around and he did such a great job with it. I told him at the beginning that I didn’t want anything big, just something small to surprise me each day! Every day for 30 days, he gave me something small, such as a card, candy or notes. I loved it – it gave me something to look forward to every day and definitely put a smile on my face. I could not have imagined any better way to celebrate my birthday!

The day before my birthday, Larry sent me flowers. It was by far the biggest, prettiest arrangement that I have ever received. He had them put in 10 red roses, 10 pink roses and 10 calla lilies – yep, 30 flowers!


Also, on the day before my birthday, Larry told me that I needed to go to Baltimore Airport to pick up a surprise visitor. I went to the airport just like he told me and was so excited to see Sheena there waiting for us.

On my birthday, Larry made us blueberry pancakes (one of my favorites). He stayed home from work in the morning, but had to go to classes in the afternoon.

Shortly after getting home from the Sprayground, I received a fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements. Amanda, Josh, and the cats sent me a chocolate covered strawberry arrangement with a balloon. It was incredible looking and tasted even better. I meant to get a picture of it before I started eating it, but I forgot! I ate the first chocolate covered strawberry just a few minutes after I got it – no time for a picture. I have seen many commercials for Edible Arrangements, but had never got one. I highly recommend it for anyone that is looking to send someone something. So much neater than flowers and yummy, too!

On my birthday, I got several cards from family and friends. It was so nice to know that people were thinking of me and sending cards. By far, the best card that I received was from Alex. I think Larry drew the pictures and wrote the words, but Alex colored it and it is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. It is so special to me and I think I will treasure it always.




Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special. I was overwhelmed by the cards, presents, text messages, phone calls and Facebook posts. I am a lucky girl!

No comments: