Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life These Days


We are slowly, but surely settling in to the new house!  We still have random boxes throughout the house, but I am setting a goal of getting them emptied and out of the house by this weekend (I know, I know…why am I on the internet then?).  The house is coming together and I can’t wait to post pictures as soon as we have everything put away!

We have met some of our neighbors.  The people across the street from us have a 4 year old girl and a 2 (almost) year old boy.  She is a stay-at-home mom and he works for NASA on the arsenal (where Larry works).  We have spent most of our afternoons outside talking with them and letting the kids play.  The really nice thing is that we pull out all the toys from each of our garages and just let the kids play with whatever.  Their kids have taken a liking to Alex’s truck and tricycle and Alex loves riding their tricycle and a Dora bike!  There is also a couple a few houses down that have two little boys, one is 5 and the other is 2 – he was actually born a week after Alex.  They have come and played with Alex a few times.  And yes, if any of you are friends of mine on Facebook you will have noticed that we also have a neighbor named Harley Davidson.  Kind of ironic, huh?!  I just laughed a little when he told us his name J  Our neighborhood is full of kids and young couples – I love it!  The ladies play Bunco once a month – I’m not quite sure what Bunco is, but figure I will give it a try!  Also, our neighborhood has a 5K walk every Saturday morning.  It is a time to come out and meet your neighbors and get healthy.  We haven’t done the 5K walk yet, but we are planning to!  Our community pool will soon be open and I can’t wait to get Alex out there and enjoy it!  It is great living in a neighborhood where Alex can play outside with other kids, Larry and I can meet people that we really like and where we feel a sense of community!

Alex is loving Mother’s Day Out!  He is really thriving and learning so much.  He knows a few letters, knows what sounds they make and can pick the correct magnet letters of his magnet board!  The other day he made me the best present ever.  For Mother’s Day, the kids painted a flower pot and the teachers helped them put a paper flower in it with their pictures on it.  It was adorable!  He looked so cute waiting at the door to give it to me and he was so excited, however last night he decided that he wanted his present back and it was his, not Mommy’s!  I could never understand why my Mom kept all of my little arts and crafts from all of my school years, but now, having Alex, I can’t imagine not keeping these treasures!

I’m back to cleaning up around here!  I just wanted to give you a little update on what we have been up to and how we are doing!  I know that I haven’t been all that great about taking pictures lately – I promise to get better about it!  I know you all are missing out on your Alex “fix”!    Here are a few pictures from my cell phone to tide you over:

Here is my incredible flower pot...I just love how he smiles for his teachers, but he won't smile when I take his picture:


Driving our neighbors tricycle (yes, he is wearing his helmet OVER his hat):






No comments: