Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bye-Bye Daddy!

Larry left today for a 12 day adventure to England! While there, he will be testing and flying in the Royal Air Force AW101 Merlin helicopter. He will be spending most of his time in Culdrose (I think that is how you spell it) which is in the southwest corner of England, but they are planning to travel to London on the last day of the trip to tour and look around!

Larry will be flying in this helicopter (I found the image on Wikipedia):



And here is a link so you can read up on the helicopter if you want: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW101

He said that it is the largest helicopter that he has flown in. They will be spending approximately 8 hours in the AW1o1 flying it. Most of the time his friend (fellow schoolmate and Naval Pilot), Nick, will be flying. Larry will however get to spend about 30 minutes flying, along with Cecily (another schoolmate and a NFO). He is really excited that he will be able to fly it! I told Larry to have fun, work hard and take plenty of pictures!

Today, instead of going into school this morning, Larry was able to spend some time with Alex and I. We went to Target, helped Larry finish packing (well, Alex didn't so much help - he mostly pulled the stuff out of Larry's suitcase as he was trying to put it in), went to The Jump Yard and had lunch at McDonald's. It was nice being able to spend a few hours with Larry before he left!

Alex had a great time at The Jump Yard (as usual). I forgot to bring my camera...shocking, I know! I did get a quick video of him going down the big slide though.

I would be lying if I said that we weren't sad and missing Larry. But, while Alex and I will miss him, we know that we will see him again in 12 short (okay, maybe long) days! I hope to have lots of pictures and stories from Larry to relay to you all when he returns.

No comments: